Papaya and pumpkin directly from the island, healthy red lentils and all together in a delicious, creamy curry. It does not get better than this !
If you do not find papaya at home in the supermarket you can take for example pineapple or mango. If I could I would send you a few papayas from Tenerife – they taste soooo incredibly good here!
Pumpkin papaya curry with red lentilsGang: Quinoa, Curries & Co., Rezepte
1/2 Hokkaido pumpkin
1 tsp coconut oil
3 cm ginger
2 glarlic cloves
1/2 red lentils
2 tsp Kurkuma
1 tsp lime
1 pinch cinnamon & 1 pinch cumin
1 tsp soy sauce
Topping: spring onion & black sesame
- Cut the squash and papaya into bite-sized cubes.
- Chop the garlic and the ginger.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan and sauté the garlic together with the ginger for a few minutes.
- Then add the pumpkin. Let the whole thing cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the red lentils according to package directions.
- Add all the spices to the pumpkin except the soy sauce and sweat everything together.
- Mix the papaya, the cooked lentils with the pumpkin and let the whole thing infuse for 5 minutes. Season the curry with soy sauce and lime juice.
- Enjoy the curry with fresh scallions and sesame seeds.
- Tip: You can also use other fruit eg. pineapple or mango