Properly seasoned, this Geschnetzelte is so similar to the original. The marinated soy cutlets, sautéed with fresh mushrooms come in this dish just so good. A classic, very easy veganized! It’s worth it to try it again!
Soy mushroom stir-fry with homemade cashew creamGang: Pizza, Pasta & Reis, Rezepte
5 tbsp coarse soy shreds
1 tbsp mustard
1 tsp smoked paprika powder
300 ml water
Salt, pepper a little nutmeg
1 tsp tomato paste
- Soak the soy cutlets in hot water for 5-10 minutes. Then squeeze them well and marinate the cutlets with mustard, paprika powder and a little salt.
- Chop the onion and fry it with the cutlets in a pan with olive oil until golden brown.
- Halve the mushrooms and cut them into slices. Add them to the pan as well.
- Mix the cashews with the water to make a vegetable cream. You can also use ready-made oat or soy cream.
- When the mushrooms and the cutlets are well colored in the pan, add the cashew cream to the pan. Let it boil for a few minutes. Add a little more water if it gets too thick.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta. You can use rice or vegan spaetzle.
- Season the meat with salt, pepper, nutmeg and some tomato paste. You can also add some paprika powder.