This vegan chocolate cake may decorate your table at the next celebration in any case. Of course, it is not only visually a real eye-catcher! It comes without substitute products and is not too sweet. The combination of chocolate and fresh berries is simply heavenly.
Chocolate berry cake with chocolate frostingGang: Recipes, Rezepte, Sweets & Cakes
- Chocolate floor
2 cups spelt flour
1 package baking powder
1 cup drinking cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate
1 cup sunflower oil
2 1/2 cups vegetable milk
- Berries cream
200g mixed berries (frozen)
70g coconut oil
200g Alpro Skyr Style
- Chocolate Frosting
100ml coconut milk (canned)
1 bar dark chocolate
Raspberries & Blueberries
- At the beginning let the berries thaw e.g. in a warm water bath
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and cocoa. I used already sweetened cocoa. If you use dark cocoa, add a little sugar (50-70g).
- Melt the chocolate and stir it into the dry ingredients together with the oil and vegetable milk. Pour the batter into a baking dish (Ø13 cm).
- Bake the cake base for 40 minutes at 180 degrees (upper-lower heat.) Let it cool completely afterwards. Turn the cake out onto a plate and then cut the base into two parts.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix the thawed berries with the cashews and soy yogurt. It is important that the coconut oil is melted and the berries are no longer cold. Subsequent cooling will make the coconut oil solid again and the berry cream sliceable.
- Place a cake ring or the frame of the baking pan around the base and pour in the filling. Now place the second chocolate cake layer on top of the filling. Let the cake cool in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours. Then carefully remove the cake ring.
- Put a handful of raspberries and blueberries on a plate and put them in the freezer.
- Chocolate Frosting: Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan and melt the chocolate in it. Let the frosting cool for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator and then spread it on the cake. Leave the cake in the refrigerator overnight and decorate it with the frozen berries at the end.