Is there anything better than fresh lettuce straight from the garden?
Yes! Plus edible flowers, fresh herbs and pumpkin in sesame breading. Accompanied by a simple tahini dip.
Pumpkin in sesame breading on quinoa garden salad with tahini dipGang: Rezepte, Snacks & Salate
1/2 green head of lettuce
1/2 cup quinoa
Juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup sesame seeds
Salt and pepper
- Tahini Dipp
2 tbsp Tahini
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp agave syrup
- Wash the lettuce and cut into strips. Add fresh herbs or edible flowers to the salad. Peel and dice the orange. Boil the quinoa in double the amount of water for 5 minutes and then let it steep for 15 minutes with the lid closed. Allow to cool and add a little salt and lemon juice.
- Mix 50g flour with 100ml water in a bowl and add a little salt. Also put the sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds and peel. I used a soft type of pumpkin. Depending on the variety, the cooking time in the pan changes slightly.
- First put the pumpkin into the flour-water and then coat it with the sesame seeds. Press the sesame seeds a little.
Then fry in a pan heated with vegetable oil until golden brown (about 15-20 minutes).
- Mix the green salad with the quinoa and arrange on a plate. Arrange the roasted pumpkin on top.
- For the dip, simply mix all the ingredients together. Enjoy together with the salad and the crispy pumpkin slices..