How much I love outdoor cooking! Although I’m just on the road with a minimalist gas stove, I try to get the best out & want to show you what you can get out of the smallest camping setup.
Mushroom stew with quinoa
1 cup quinoa
300 g mushrooms
1/2 red onion
Olive oil for frying
1 tsp paprika powder
2 tsp tomato paste
4 garlic cloves
1 Oat cream
2 tbsp yeast flakes
Salt & Pepper
- Bring the quinoa to a boil with twice the amount of water. Leave to infuse for 20 minutes with the lid closed.
- Halve the mushrooms and cut them into slices. Cut the onions into rings and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat a pan with olive oil. Sauté the onions in it at the beginning. Add the sliced mushrooms. Season with paprika and salt. Sauté for 10 minutes.
- In the next step, add the tomato paste and garlic and sauté with the mushrooms. Deglaze with the oat cream.
- Let the mushroom cutlets boil down for 5 minutes. Season to taste with yeast flakes, salt and pepper. Serve with fresh herbs such as parsley or marjoram.
- Serve together with the quinoa. It also goes well with a mixed green salad.